Sunday, June 12, 2011

One week in...

So I have been on this journey for 7 days now and am doing pretty well so far. I am eating healthy and actually enjoying it. I am a snack-aholic and definitely still get the cravings just to snack on SOMETHING! The only thing I am really snacking on though is fruit. Fresh cut pineapple has become my new best friend. I cannot get enough of it. Also mixing in a bunch of other fruits too though - strawberries, blueberries, cantalope, watermelon (though that is mostly for the pregnant lady of the house), grapes and really what ever fruit I can get my hands on. Still working on getting more veggies in but it is slowly getting there. The next big step will be getting into a regular exercise routine. There are just not enough hours in the day. I think I am going to have to start getting up early and going to the gym first (those of you that know me, know how dedicated I will have to be to get up early. I am NOT a morning person). Evenings are just too crazy though and lets face it, after work I don't want to do anything! No more excuses though, its time to put up or shut up.

Have not weighed in again yet. I have decided to attend the WW meetings on Wednesday mornings since I am off on Wednesdays. So I will have an update on whether I've lost anything yet this coming Wednesday sometime. Thanks again everyone for all the encouragement I've received already. It's awesome having so many friends that care. Will update again soon!

1 comment:

  1. You are the man bro. I will be back Thursday and we can start walking Friday if you want. Or, we can go to the gym. I love you dude.

    ReplyDelete